Throughout Queensland, small business owners have been affected by the spread of COVID-19 and the raft of closures, shutdowns, and other restrictions. Aware of the toll this has taken, the Queensland government are offering a COVID-19 Adaption grant to help businesses reopen and get back on track. Round two of this grant opens on the 1st of July, for small and micro businesses to invest in long-term growth. The government is also offering additional grants for the creative industries, flight industries, agriculture, and more.
Who’s eligible to apply for a Queensland small business grant?
To be eligible, your business must:
- have been subject to closure or otherwise highly impacted by current shutdown restrictions announced by Queensland’s Chief Health Officer on 23 March 2020
- demonstrate you have experienced a minimum 30% decline since 23 March 2020, over a minimum 1-month period due to the onset and management of COVID-19
- employ staff and have fewer than 20 employees at the time of applying for the grant (employees must be on your payroll and does not include the business owner(s))
- have a valid Australian Business Number (ABN) active as at 23 March 2020
- be registered for GST
- have a Queensland headquarters
- have an annual turnover over $75,000 for the 2018–19 or 2019–20 financial year, or you can provide financial records that show this will be met for recently started small businesses
- have a payroll of less than $1.3 million
- not be insolvent or have owners or directors that are an undischarged bankrupt.
In good news, if you submitted a round 1 application but haven’t heard back yet, you are eligible to apply for round 2.
For the full eligibility list and information on how to apply for this grant, make sure you check out the Queensland Government website.
What’s the purpose of this round of small business grants?
The grant is a minimum $2000 – maximum $10,000 funding grant for businesses who have been significantly impacted by COVID-19. The funding can be used in the following areas:
- financial, legal or other professional advice to support business sustainability and diversification
- continuing to meet business operational costs including utilities, council rates, rent, telecommunication charges, insurance fees, licensing or franchise fees
- strategic planning, financial counselling or business coaching aligned to business development and diversification
- building the business through marketing and communications activities (e.g. content development – web pages, mobile apps, visual and audio media etc.)
- digital/technological strategy development
- digital training or re-training and up-skilling employees to adapt to new business models
- capital costs associated with meeting COVID-19 safety requirements
- specialised digital equipment or business specific software to move business operations online (e.g. logistics program for online ordering).
Why choose Digital Surfer to help with your marketing and communication activities?
Based on the Gold Coast, we know what you’re going through, and we understand. We’re experts at providing online services for our clients, getting you found online, and getting you more leads.
If you’ve been putting off refreshing your website (or having one built), or building your digital marketing strategy with SEO and Local SEO, there’s no better time than now. This is a unique opportunity that’s only around until the funds run out, so make sure you get in quick to secure your spot.
We know what people are searching to find businesses like yours to help you generate more business and help your customers get a problem solved. Now more than ever you want to be seen online before your competitors, and we can help you make that happen.
Not only that, our team has years of experience designing and building top-quality websites that look great and prompt your customer to take action. Whether your customer is looking on a phone or desktop, they’ll get the message loud and clear.
Contact the team at Digital Surfer today.
Our goal is to help you get further in business and see you succeed. Let us help you get back on your feet so that your business flourishes long-term. Contact us today so that we can create a quote to attach to your application for all the digital components your business needs.
Our business is to help your business, so you can get back to doing what you’re good at. Reach out to our team today for a chat about where you’re at and what ways we can help you thrive.