Website Developer / Designer – Gold Coast
Make Waves. Be Found Online.
Digital Surfer is an innovative digital marketing agency dedicated to effectively market our clients online presence through their website and online marketing strategies
- Great company culture – Friendly Team of people and a great path to career progression as the team grows.
- Work that stays at work – Genuine work/life balance
- Amazing people – Passionate team members willing to help
- Stunning location & lifestyle opportunity at Burleigh Heads on the Gold Coast.
We are on the search for a truly outstanding, passionate, intelligent and creative Website Developer/Designer to join our growing team.
We have an exciting opportunity for an eCommerce Website Designer/Developer role, within our Gold Coast team. The position is initially casual with a view to developing into a full-time position for the right candidate. You’ll be responsible for:
- Working in collaboration with the sales & SEO teams.
- Creating website designs
- Development of website from concept designs within WordPress – including Ecommerce
- Development of website from concept designs within Shopify
- Receiving feedback from drafted website designs and providing recommendations for improvements
- Meeting with key individuals to discuss requirements and progress of projects
- Front end and back end technical issues on websites
- Keeping up to date with recent design, technologies and software developments
- Ability to meet and manage deadlines
- Able to prioritise a dynamic workload
Ideally you will come from a website development and designer background with the ability to understand the business goals and marketing outcomes to be achieved for business owners. You will need to have knowledge and experience when it comes to the design, development, ecommerce and technical aspects (front end and back end) of websites and a proactive approach to troubleshooting.
Most importantly YOU live and breathe design, development & digital marketing, YOU are driven, YOU are a team player and YOU are motivated.
Key functions of the role
- Have exceptional communication, organisation and interpersonal skills
- Have the ability to work well within a close- knit team environment and under pressure of deadlines
- Have the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- ‘Think outside the box’ to create lead generation digital design
- Maintain knowledge of the latest design and UX/UI trends
- Regular maintenance and backup of websites
- Systemisation to produce productive processes within the role
You’re a great fit for this role if:
- Experienced in eCommerce Website Builds – both WordPress and Shopify
- Competent in WordPress and plugins
- Competent in website maintenance, back up & hosting
- Competent in Adobe Suite including Photoshop & Illustrator
- Knowledge about Google Analytics & SEO
- Competent to advanced technical ability (front end & back end)
- Attention to detail
- Communication/interpersonal skills
The application will include the following:
- Your current resume, detailing your experience in eCommerce development and design (WordPress & Shopify), WordPress website design and development & how many years of experience you have in digital marketing.
- Portfolio of completed & related work
- Confirmation of your right to work in Australia – Australian Citizen or appropriate work VISA
- Current references
- Ability to work at our Burleigh Heads, Gold Coast office
Meet the Core Team of Web Design & SEO Experts
Website Development and Management
Co-Founder, Director and SEO Expert
Head SEO Specialist & CFO
Local SEO Expert
Google Ads Manager